THE BELLE OF THE BALL
Within the winery regions we visit, the Bellarine Peninsula has to be the belle of the ball. With incredible bay views and so many wine makers, it’s impossible not to love this place. On this amazing roadtrip you and your friends get to visit 5 of these great wineries to learn about and taste a huge selection of world class wines, all on your own private tour.
- Tastings at all 5 of the wineries.
- A delicious banquet lunch with a view.
- A cheese platter in the afternoon.
- A boat cruise across the bay and up the Yarra, to the Docklands with Port Phillip Ferries. (if you are being dropped off in Geelong, this inclusion will be replaced with complimentary wine).
- Bottled water and cold storage for wines on the bus.
- All pick ups and drop offs with in Geelong and the central Melbourne area.
- Our seasoned guides with a wealth of knowledge and insights to enhance your journey.
- A private bus with all your modern comforts.
- All travel and entry fees.
Where we go:
For this roadtrip we have handpicked five of our favourite cellar doors and built a roadtrip that we think represents the region across the board. With this in mind, each tour can be tailored to what you prefer with the ability to switch to other wineries, breweries, distilleries and cider houses as well as added stops at farm gates of local producers offering all types of goods.
- First stop: Oakdene’s upside down cellar door, we start things off at the wonderfully unique cellar door and gardens of the Oakdene vineyards. This award winning venue would be a great experience even if it didn’t have wine, but it does. They boast a large range of great wines to get the tastings underway for the day.
- Second stop (lunch): Basil’s Farm, a picture perfect spot to stop and enjoy our next set of delicious wine tastings and a relaxed home grown lunch. With views out over the stunning swan bay and an extensive range of produce being grown on site to create amazing plates, basils farm is a good representation of the peninsulas bounty. Sit out on the lawns or in the beautiful cottage looking out over the gardens while enjoying a great meal with great wine.
- Third stop: Scotchman’s Hill, this well established winery sits up on the apex of the peninsula, with views down the rolling hills and across Port Phillip Bay. On clear days you can see all the way to the city. Get ready for some serious tasting with 3 huge ranges of wines to try. They have also recently opened their amazing new cellar door which we are very excited to show off to you.
- Forth stop: Terindah Estate, our next stop has a lot to offer. A massive multi level cellar door looks out over the vines and gumtrees down to the mussel farms on the bay, the building itself is almost as impressive as the wines. Interesting sculptures and sweeping balconies make this a great afternoon stop to continue our adventures in wine.
- Fifth stop: the House of Jack Rabbit, An amazing property that stretches down to the shores of Corio Bay with an incredible open plan cellar door that takes advantage of commanding panoramic views. It’s a good spot for group photos, as the vistas are uninterrupted and unrivalled. Their excellent wines are the perfect complement to the surroundings and it's the perfect spot to finish an all star line up of wineries.
- Bay cruise: Port Phillip Ferries, we drive you just down the road to the ferry dock in Portarlington. The ride back across the bay to Melbourne is wonderful on the large catamaran that is built to be fast and stable on the water. It gives a great new perspective of the city, as you cruise up the Yarra river travelling underneath the Westgate and Bolte bridges, approaching the city from the water. The journey ends at Etihad stadium with public transport just meters from the boat and the cities restaurants and bars only a short walk away. If your tour is ending in Geelong, some complimentary wine will be included throughout the day.
The area is revered for its amazing number of vineyards. This is due to excellent soils and an ideal climate that leads to the creation of incredible wines year after year. It is an absolute delight to explore the excellent range of flavours and varieties that keep your palate excited time and time again. All of the cellar doors have their own character and charm, from flawless bay views to inspiring art works and knowledgeable friendly staff.
For a day filled with fun, friends, food and the nectar of the vines, contact Redgum Roadtrips and let us take you on our showcase of the Bellarine Peninsula.
(minimum of 8)
We also offer custom private tours in other winery areas, offering amazing wines and brilliant landscapes that give great contrast to the Bellarine Peninsula and make for unique and unforgettable roadtrips. The regions we can create winery roadtrips to are: The Surf Coast, Geelong and The Moorabool Valley. They can be organized through our custom trip page on our website.